- The UCDC campus office will continue to offer virtual services during the current public health crisis until late August 2021 when campus re-opens for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or **sign up** for a virtual advising appointment (join via zoom at your appointment time using meeting code 549 274 0547)
- The Fall 2021 UCDC program will resume as an in-person, residential program at the UC Washington Center in DC at half capacity. Read more information and FAQs .
- The Spring 2022 UCDC program is expected to return to full capacity, in-person programming, contingent on COVID-19 developments.
- Applications for the Spring 2022 semester due:
- **Thursday, September 16, 2021, 11:59pm**
- Fall 2021 Information Sessions
- • Thursday, August 19, 11am-noon, Zoom Location:
- Join the UCDC Mailing List
The Washington Program
University of California, Berkeley
Each Fall and Spring, UC juniors and seniors from all majors travel to Washington, D.C. to intern, do research, and take classes for a semester. Students live and attend courses at the UC Washington Center, an eleven-story building about six blocks from the White House. Washington, D.C. offers a wide variety of academic, professional and rich cultural opportunities for undergraduates.
Students are selected based on academic excellence, professional maturity and demonstrated interest in a particular area. Because it is both an academic and an internship program, students research in class what they experience professionally in their internships. Theory meets practice for a powerful learning experience. UCDC helps students to clarify their future career direction, get on-the-ground work experience, and build professional networks.
Get in Contact
2422 is on Level B of Dwinelle Hall, same as the Ishi Court level.
Access from the East door across from Durant Hall: Go down the stairs facing the door one floor, until you’re at the Ishi Court level. Take a right.
Access from the main entrance of the classroom wing (entrance facing Dwinelle Plaza): Go right, and follow the hallway until you’re in the office wing. As soon as you’re in the office wing, look for the stairs with orange doors on your left. Go down two floors until you’re at the Ishi Court level
Access from the North (door facing VLSB and Moffitt) and for disabled access: Take a left and follow the hall around until you get to 2422.
UC Washington Center
1608 Rhode Island Ave., N.W. Third Floor
Washington, D.C. 20036
The building is located at Scott Circle, about six blocks north of the White House. Scott Circle is at the intersections of Massachusetts and Rhode Island Avenues and 16th Street. Limited parking with some restrictions is available on neighboring streets.